- Avoid contact with people if u or they are sick.
- Stay at home — from work, school or other public activities — when you are ill.
- If you are ill with symptoms like fever cough, sore throat, chills, body ache or vomiting and diahearrea in serious cases, seek medical care as soon as possible.
- Shield others from your coughs and sneezes by using a tissue.
- Wash your hands frequently. Keep your hands away from your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Maintain healthful habits — get ample sleep and exercise, drink lots of fluids to get rid of toxins, eat well and have adequate daily dose of sunshine for your supply of vitamin D which helps boost immunity system.
Apart from these, we need also to boost our immunity system. Eat well balanced diet so that the body get all the vitamin, minerals, protien and nutrition it needs to build up its immunity system. Take more foods which contains vitamin c, e, zinc, antioxidants, selenium, garlic, omega 3 fatty acids , all of which helps to boost up the body's immunity system. It's like going to war, you wanna be equipt with all the necessary weapons to defend and attack. In the same way the body needs all the necessary nutrients in order for it to defend it self and function properly.
If possible, eat more health supplements like multivitamins, if you are not able to eat a balanced diet. Personally my favorite supplement is Nigella Sative (black seed). Nigella Sativa increases the immunity system, it is anti-histamine, anti-tumour, anti-bacterial and anti inflammation all in one. It has been used traditionally in the Middle East and India to treat coughs, athsma, diabetes, colds and flu, high blood pressure, stomach disorder, to dispel worms and parasites from intestinal track and many other ailments. The benefits of black seed can be summarized as follows :
- soothing bronchitis and coughs
- lighten and improves skin condition
- stimulates menstrual periods
- increases the flow of breast milk
- provides quick burst of energy
- increases sperm count
- calms the nervous system
- encourages hair growth and retards hair fall out
- eliminates harmful toxins from the body
"Use this Black seed, it has a cure for every disease except death". (Sahih Bukhari)
Nigella sativa contains over one hundred valuable nutrients. It contains about 21% protein, 38% carbohydrates and 35% plant fats and oils. The contents are similar to evening primrose oil, but because of its complex composition, it is much stronger. Thymoquinone, Nigellone, and Fixed oils are the active ingredients of black seed . It is also rich in Linoleic acid, Oleic acid, Calcium, Potassium, Iron, Zinc, Magnesium, Selenium, Vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin B2, Niacin, and Vitamin C. I find that if I'm sick , when I take nigella sativa , I will recover from my illness much faster.