It took a long time because after removing the cancer the surgeons did some reconstruction work using the skin from her belly. Thank God everything went well. It was a long day that day and especially so for her children who waited patiently at the hospital.
So I did some research on diet for cancer patients and here is what I found out from the net with regards to cancer treatment, every food that we eat or drink can be categorized into several different categories:
- 1) Foods that feed and strengthen the cancer cells and/or the microbes in the cancer cells and body. Examples would be: refined sugar, refined flour, soda pop, dairy products, etc.
- 2) Foods that cause cancer (e.g. trans fatty acids [margarine, french fries and virtually every other processed food you buy], aspartame [Diet Coke, NutraSweet, Equal, etc.], MSG, polyunsaturated oils [e.g. corn oil], etc.)
- 3) Foods that directly interfere with alternative treatments for cancer (e.g. chlorine, fluoride, alcohol, coffee, etc.)
- 4) Foods that occupy and distract the immunity system from focusing on killing the cancer cells (e.g. beef, turkey, etc.)
- 5) Foods that contain nutrients that kill the cancer cells, stop the spread of cancer, or in some other way help treat the cancer (e.g. purple grapes with seeds and skin, red raspberries with seeds, strawberries with seeds, broccoli, cauliflower, tapioca, several herbs, lentils,carrots, pineapples, apple seeds, almonds, graviola, etc.)
In addition there are things like cooking vegetables. The cooking destroys the enzymes in the vegetables and make them far less digestible and far less effective in treating cancer. Pasteurizing any food or drink also does this.
Ideally, during a cancer treatment, if foods are allowed on a particular diet, 100% of everything you eat should be in the category of "Foods that contain nutrients that kill the cancer cells, stop the spread of cancer, or in some other way help treat the cancer.
" Whenever you eat a food that is not in that category, you are interfering with your cancer treatment! This is why so many cancer diets are very high in certain raw vegetables and certain raw fruits. It is best to avoid processed foods as they might contain MSG or preservatives that might induce growth of cancer cells.
I hope this will be helpful to any cancer patients out there. In the meantime, we should all adopt a healthy diet ourselves in order to avoid getting cancer. Currently one in every four deaths in the United States are due to cancer. In the mean time Enjoy this video about anti cancer diet
So until the next issue of Look Great Feel Happy, remember to adopt a happy lifestyle and well balanced eating habits so that we can stay happy and healthy. And for those cancer patients out there who feel like giving up..... just watch this video about this inspiring young man who has beaten cancer not once but three times.