- Determine your skin type, whether it be oily, dry, sensitive or combination skin
- Use skin products (cleanser, toner, scrub and moisturizer) that suits you skin type. If possible, pick one that's natural or organic and has the least chemical in them to prevent allergic reaction.
- Eat well balanced meals with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables high in vitamins,minerals and antioxidant content. Avoid greasy food, processed, refined sugars and caffeine. Eat foods high in zinc (aids in healing skin and prevents acne), nuts and seeds loaded with essential fatty acids vital to stimulate production of collagen and elastin to prevent wrinkling and sagging
- Drink plenty of water to improve hydration and eliminate toxins in your system. Avoid sugary soft drinks, alcohol and caffeine instead try opting for fresh juice and green tea when you crave for them.
- Avoid smoking cigarettes. Smoking accelarates the aging process by exposing you to the damaging effects of free radicals.
- Exercise more as this improves the circulation, muscle toning, detoxification, promotes weight loss and helps melt away the stress. Exercise sets the right condition for the body to produce more collagen and elastin by itself naturally.
So the next time you think about younger looking skin, remember its not only about what you put on your skin or plastic surgery. Its about healthy eating and living a healthy lifestle too. Until then look great and be happy.