- Energizes our body
- Reduces carbon dioxide buildup
- Improves our focus and concerntration
- Helps us to relax and calm down
- Reduces stress, tension and anxiety
- Helps us to sleep better
- Strenthens our immunity system
- Lowers the blood pressure
- Increases metabolism, aids digestion and weight loss
- Eliminates toxins.
Improper breathing can cause problems to the systems in our body such as immune, circulatory, endocrine, nervous system. Not breathing properly produces :
- Mental fog
- Tension, stress and anxiety
- Digestive problems
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Numbness, dizziness.
- Sore muscles and aching legs
The key to breathing correctly is to use your abdomen rather than your chest. When you breathe, imagine there's a balloon in your stomach that inflates when you inhale and deflates as you exhale. When you breathe from your stomach you are filling the maximum capacity of lungs with air. However when you breathe from your chest, you only fill the top portion of of your lungs. This depletion of air is what makes us feel tired, stressed out and unmotivated in life.
So start breathing correctly to reap all the benefits it has on your physical and emotional being. It's something you can start right away, it's easy and it's free. Of course most of us take for it for granted until we face trouble breathing because of athsma or blocked nose.
Breathe properly and you're on your way to looking good and feeling happier. Start improving the quality of your life the safe, natural and easy way.